Thursday, March 25, 2010

Glaze for anything

I use this glaze for everything from filet mignon to shrimp/scallops to chicken.

  • Spray pan with cooking spray.
  • Salt and pepper meat.
  • Cook meat to desired doneness. (Filet [I use 4oz pieces]: 3 minutes per side. Chicken tenders: ~5 minutes per side.)
  • Remove and keep warm.
  • Saute 2t garlic minced and pinch red pepper flakes in same pan.
  • 3T sherry until warm.
  • 2T soy sauce until warm.
  • 1T balsamic vinegar.
  • Bring all to slight boil.
  • 2T honey.
  • Boil.
  • Take off heat.
  • Will thicken as sits.
I tossed the chicken in the whole mixture and coated it last night. It was fab. I serve over filet. I can make this a whole meal in less than 10 minutes with a wild field salad, and some mashed potatoes. It's nice after a long day.

1 comment: